We welcome and rely on volunteers in almost every aspect of our theatre operations; whether that is an actor, costumer, technical worker, set builder or house manager.
If you’re interested in volunteering at OLT, please click on the link below for a volunteer sign-up form. For more information, please scroll further down the page.
Sign up to volunteer as a House Manager during one or more performances to open the house, brew coffee, set up concessions, and prepare the house for the show. It’s a great way to get to be a part of the action and meet new friends. We always welcome new volunteers! Sign up by using our Volunteer Sign-up Form above, or for more information, contact our OLT House Manager Coordinator. If you’ve been a house manager in the past and you’re looking to sign up for a date for the current show, please contact the OLT House Manager Coordinator at the above email link to sign up for a date.
Are you ready to do more than just watch? Learn how to set up and run stage lighting, construct sets, be a stage manager, or create and provide sound for a production. There are plenty of other jobs, too! Being part of a stage crew can be as interactive as you like. And remember, the experience is great, but Olympia Little Theatre thrives on the volunteers who have a true interest in community theatre. Simply fill out the Volunteer Sign-up Form at the top of the page, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator for further details.
Work Party 8/27 & 8/28/22
Its time for a big clean up of the Annex building! We can use lots of hands to help empty out the Annex building which houses our shop, props, furniture and costumes. Then we will decide what we are going to keep and what we can live without! And you guessed it, it all goes back inside! We will start each day at 10 am. Please let us know if you are coming!
Current Job Openings
We are seeking applicants for a Box Office/Front of House Manager Position
Responsibilities include customer service, reception, and general front of house duties. The job has a strong customer service component and requires taking responsibility for a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision or support. Additionally this position would assist our office manager with season ticket sales and other duties as available and as needed
Duties would include:
- Arriving at the Theatre 1 ½ hours before each performance and unlocking doors and parking gates for performers
- Checking phones and emails for last minute questions from patrons
- Greeting patrons, checking in patrons who have purchased advance tickets and selling tickets to walk up patrons
- Recruiting, scheduling and working with theatre volunteers who would act as hosts and helpers for each performance. Train and supervise new volunteers in this area.
- Coordinating with the Stage Manager or each production about timing and needs for the start of the performance and intermission(s).
- Making sure concession area is stocked and set-up and keeping the appropriate Board Member(s) aware of any out of stock or needed items.
- Take the lead operational responsibility for the safety and security of the building including:
- Making sure doors and gates are opened on time and locked up securely after each performance
- Keeping appropriate Board Member(s) aware of any out or stock or needed items, or any repairs needed to the facility and property
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors of the theatre, dealing with any issues raised by visitors.
- Communicating with the Office Manager or appropriate person over any problems / issues that might need to be resolved.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / QUALITIES
- Excellent verbal communication skills,
- Above average computer skills,
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience multi-tasking and ability to stay organized in an unstructured, sometimes chaotic environment
- Experience solving problems on the fly!
- Patience and a sense of humor are a must.
Box office or Front of Theater experience or retail experience would be very helpful!
Knowledge of theatre production cycle, box office experience, front of house experience would be a plus!
HOURS: Mainly 5-10pm Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays and 12-4:30 on Sundays when we have a play in production. Our theater Season runs Sept-July and plays are typically every other month. Additional duties and hours will be available during peak times assisting the Office Manager in setting up and selling season tickets in August and September and setting up forms and paperwork, posters and other preparation before each new production.
COMPENSATION: Generally, 15-20 hours a week when a production is up with the possibilities of additional hours for special projects. Pay will start at $18 per hour DOE.
TIMELINE: We will accept applications starting July 25th and interview will be scheduled on a rolling basis as applications are received. Only applications selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!
TO APPLY: Send a letter or email responding to how you would fulfill these tasks along with a brief resume to email@example.com or OLT P.O. Box 7882, Olympia, WA 98507
OLYMPIA LITTLE THEATRE invites applicants of any age, gender, race, ethnicity or education level to apply.